Chuangao TANG (唐传高)
Affective Information Processing Lab (AIPL),
Key Laboratory of Child Development and Learning Science of Ministry of Education,
School of Biological Science & Medical Engineering,
Southeast University, Nanjing, China.
Supervisor: Prof. Wenming Zheng
Co-supervisor: Prof. Cuntai Guan
I received my B.Sc. degree in Electronic and Information Engineering from Northwest A&F University in June 2013, and got my M.Sc. degree in Signal and Information Processing from Beijing Normal University in June 2016, under supervision of Professor Zuying Luo. I am a Ph.D. candidate of Key Laboratory of Child Development and Learning Science of Ministry of Education in Southeast University and a member of affective information processing lab, under the supervision of Professor Wenming Zheng. Currently, I am a joint Ph.D. student under the supervision of Prof. Cuntai Guan (IEEE Fellow), in the School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Facial Expression Recognition, Deep Learning
- Chuangao Tang, Wenming Zheng, Yuan Zong, Nana Qiu, Cheng Lu, Xilei Zhang, Xiaoyan Ke and Cuntai Guan. “Automatic Identification of High-Risk Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Feasibility Study Using Video and Audio Data under the Still-Face Paradigm”, IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, under review.
- Nana Qiu, Chuangao Tang, et al. “Application of the Still-Face Paradigm in early screening for high-risk autism spectrum disorder in infants and toddlers”, The Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, under review.
Keyu Yan, Wenming Zheng, Tong Zhang, Yuan Zong, Chuangao Tang, Cheng Lu, and Zhen Cui. “Cross-Domain Facial Expression Recognition Based on Transductive Deep Transfer Learning,” IEEE Access, 2019, (7):108906–108915.
Qiu Nana, Zhai Mengyao, Tang Chuangao, et. al. “The makers of early social behavior in toddlers with high-risk of autism spectrum disorder: an observational pilot study,” Chin J Psychiatry, 2019,52(1): 50-56.
Jingwei Yan, Wenming Zheng, Zhen Cui, Chuangao Tang, Tong Zhang, and Yuan Zong. “Multi-cue Fusion for Emotion Recognition in the Wild,” Neurocomputing, 2018. [PDF] (IF:3.317)
Keyu Yan, Wenming Zheng, Zhen Cui, Yuan Zong, Tong Zhang, and Chuangao Tang. “Unsupervised Facial Expression Recognition Using Domain Adaptation based Dictionary Learning Approach,” Neurocomputing, 2018.
- Sunan Li, Wenming Zheng, Yuan Zong, Cheng Lu, Chuangao Tang, Xingxun Jiang, Jiateng Liu, and Wanchuang Xia, “Bi-modality Fusion for Emotion Recognition in the Wild,” in ACM ICMI, 2019. (国际竞赛冠军)
- Yuan Zong, Wenming Zheng, Xiaopeng Hong, Chuangao Tang, Zhen Cui and Guoying Zhao. “Cross-database micro-expression recognition: A benchmark,” Proceedings of the 2019 on International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval, pp. 354-363, 2019.
- Chuangao Tang, Wenming Zheng, Yuan Zong, Zhen Cui, Nana Qiu, Simeng Yan, and Xiaoyan Ke. “Automatic Smile Detection of Infants in Mother-Infant Interaction via CNN-based Feature Learning,” in ASMMC–MMAC 2018 at ACM Multimedia Workshops, 2018.
- Cheng Lu, Wenming Zheng, Chaolong Li, Chuangao Tang, Suyuan Liu, Simeng Yan, and Yuan Zong. “Multiple Spatio-temporal Feature Learning for Video-based Emotion Recognition in the Wild,” in ACM ICMI, 2018.(国际竞赛季军)
- Chuangao Tang, Wenming Zheng, Jingwei Yan, Qiang Li, Yang Li, Tong Zhang, and Zhen Cui. “View-independent Facial Action Detection,” IEEE 12th International Conference on Automatic Face & Gesture Recognition (FG2017), pp.878-882, 2017. (国际竞赛冠军)
- Jingwei Yan, Wenming Zheng, Zhen Cui, Chuangao Tang, Tong Zhang, Yuan Zong, and Ning Sun. “Multi-clue Fusion for Emotion Recognition in the Wild,” in ACM ICMI, 2016. [PDF]（国际竞赛季军）
- Chuangao Tang, Pengfei, Xu, Zuying Luo, Guoxing Zhao, and Tian Zou. “Automatic Facial Expression Analysis of Students in Teaching Environments”, Chinese Conference on Biometric Recognition (CCBR), 439-447, 2015.
- Wenming Zheng, Chuangao Tang, Xiaoyan Ke, Nana Qiu, Simeng Yan, Yuan Zong. Automatic detection of autism spectrum disorder based on infants’ expressional behavior with video data.
- Deep Learning Based Methods for Automatic Facial Behaviors Analysis and Auxiliary Diagnosis for Toddlers of Autism, Graduate Research Innovation Project of Jiangsu Province, 2018-2019.
Awards & Honors
The Video based Emotion Recognition Challenge First Winner of the 7th EmotiW Challenge (2019)
- Scholarship for Joint Training Project of PhD Students (China Scholarship Council and Education Fundation in SEU, respectively, 2019)
- The Video based Emotion Recognition Challenge Second Runner-up Position of the 6th EmotiW Challenge (2018)
- The Video based Emotion Recognition Challenge Second Runner-up Poisition of the 4th EmotiW Challenge (2016)
- The Third Prize in National Post-Graduate Mathematical Contest in Modeling (2016)
- Excellent Teaching Assistant Award in Beijing Normal University (2015)
- Outstanding Graduate of Northwest A&F University (2013)
- College-level Outstanding Graduate Thesis (2013)
- The Third Prize in National Undergraduate Electronic Design Contest (2012)
- National Scholarship (less than 2% students received this award) (2012)
- The First-Class University Scholarship (as top 1 student) (2012)
- College-level Outstanding Student Leader (2012)
- “Triple-A” Student (2009-2012)
Room 103(South), Liwenzheng Building, Sipailou Campus of Southeast University, No. 2 Sipailou, Nanjing, P.R. China.